Xeros Technology Group plc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Xeros Technology Group plc may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/10/2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How we use this information
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set forth in this Policy. We use information that we collect or that you share with us to:
- Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Create, maintain, and manage your account and user profile (if applicable);
- Answer your questions, respond to your comments, and provide customer support;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver appropriate promotions, customer surveys, and other offers;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- Notify you when updates are available and of changes to any products, the Site, or our Services.
- Analyze our audience size, usage patterns, and trends and examine the ways in which our users engage with the Site and our Services;
- Provide our developers with information that can assist in creating new tools, features, functions, and services;
- Store information about your preferences and recognize you when you use our Site or Services, allowing us to customize your experience with our Site and Services according to your individual interests and display content tailored to your interests; and
- Provide content, services, and other features to specific user groups based on demographics or other aggregate data.
We may also use your information to contact you about the products and services of third party product manufacturers, installers, and other contractors (“Third-Party Vendors”) that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please click “unsubscribe” in any email or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that you be removed from our mailing lists.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose, without restriction, aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information about our users and any information that does not identify a particular individual.
In addition, we may disclose information that we collect or you provide:
To our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or partners;
To Third Party Vendors, subcontractors, authorized service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information or other information held by Hydrofinity about our users is among the assets transferred;
To third parties, direct mail partners, and advertisers to market their products or services (unless you have unsubscribed or opted out);
To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information;
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hydrofinity, our customers, Site users, or others; and
For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or upon receiving your consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Xeros Technology Group plc, Unit 2, Evolution, Advanced Manufacturing Park, Whittle Way, Catcliffe, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5BL, UK.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Xeros Technology Group plc, Unit 2, Evolution, Advanced Manufacturing Park, Whittle Way, Catcliffe, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5BL, UK.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.